- Discuss and decide your ‘big picture’ goals…what you want to achieve in your business in terms of business growth, improved profit, cash flow, business value, efficiency and lifestyle.
- Discuss and set targets for specific parts of the business i.e. KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Review and reorganise management structure and team to align with business goals and targets.
- Discuss profit improvement opportunities including outsourcing any ‘non-core’ activities.
- Your VCFO will implement ‘best practice’ financial management processes and systems to ensure accurate, timely information you can rely on.
- Plan and implement business transformation projects with your VCFO and team.
- Ask your VCFO to review ‘Risk Management’ and “Governance’ i.e. how the business is set up and fulfils its legal obligations to all stakeholders.
- Ask your VCFO for help managing relationships with bankers, accountants, legal advisors, insurance providers etc.
- Ask your VCFO to review your business finance to ensure you’ve got the best and most cost-effective funding in place. They will help you with finance applications and preparing ‘business cases’ to secure funding.
- Attend regular meetings with your VCFO to review reports and discuss performance, targets and further improvement actions.
- Review your strategic direction to ensure it’s in line with your objectives and review options.
- Your VCFO will assist you to prepare a short and long-term Business Plan, Budget and Cash Flow Projection.
- If you plan to exit your business in the near future (say within 5 years) ask your VCFO to assist you plan for your exit and succession and build business value to ensure an acceptable sale price.
Growth & Development
- Discuss your ideas for new products/services and markets.
- Your VCFO will assist you to work out the cost of and implement business expansion plans.
- If you plan to merge your business or acquire another business, your VCFO will perform ‘Due Diligence’ to ensure it’s a profit and value building option.
- Your VCFO will train, coach, mentor and develop your finance team, to ensure things are done right and you can rely on the information provided.
Cost to engage your VCFO
- Agree a ‘value based’ fee with your VCFO ensuring it is far outweighed by the value they deliver to your profit, cash flow, business value and lifestyle.
Use our 18 point Checklist and eBook to find the best possible Virtual CFO (VCFO) for your business and getting the best return on investment.